In Pain After a Car Accident in San Antonio?
Our car accident lawyers fight for injury victims in Bexar County, Texas
If you are in pain after a serious car accident in San Antonio, it’s important that you see a doctor right away. Then talk to a San Antonio car accident attorney at The Herrera Law Firm right away. We can answer your questions and explain your available legal options.
Our knowledge comes from our extensive experience handling such complex legal cases. We understand how complicated many car accident injury claims and lawsuits often turn out to be, even if such cases seem straightforward at first. You can count on us when it matters most.
Common painful car accident injuries
If you feel pain in any part of your body after a serious car crash, odds are you might have a serious injury. Pain due to a car accident can involve:
- Neck pain, especially if you are suffering from whiplash or another type of painful neck injury, which is especially common due to rear-end accidents.
- Severe headaches, which can be a warning sign of a concussion or another type of serious head injury or brain injury.
- Back pain, which is often due to lower back injuries and damage to the vertebrae, which often occur in head-on collisions and other serious crashes.
- Abdominal pain, which could be a symptom of a muscle strain, internal bleeding or organ damage.
- Bone pain, which can occur due to broken bones (fractures) sustained in a collision.
- Chronic pain that last weeks or months or years after your car accident.
What should I do if I’m in pain after a car accident?
See a doctor right away. If your accident just happened and you’re still at the crash site, ask the police to send an ambulance if necessary. An EMT or emergency room doctor at San Antonio Regional Hospital Emergency Room or another nearby medical facility can examine you right away.
Severe pain can be a warning sign of a serious injury. That’s why even if you have already had a medical professional examine you, schedule a follow-up appointment with a medical professional. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Delayed pain due to a car accident injury is very common as well. So even if you feel fine immediately after your accident, don’t be surprised if you experience severe neck pain or another part of your body hurts hours or days after your collision.
How much is my injury claim worth?
There’s no set dollar amount when it comes to certain types of pain or injuries often associated with car accidents. Each case is unique. The bottom line is you should be financially compensated for all your injury-related expenses, now and in the future. This can include:
- Emergency medical treatment to diagnose and treat your pain.
- Follow-up doctor’s appointments.
- The cost of repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle.
- Prescription medications, including pain relief drugs.
- Physical therapy, especially if you experience long-term, chronic pain due to your car accident injury.
- Support services at home, especially if you cannot perform routine tasks due to severe chronic pain.
- Replacement income if you cannot work while you’re recovering from your painful injury.
- Future income if you cannot work in the future or can only work limited hours due to chronic pain.
The law is very clear in Texas. The at-fault driver must pay for all accident-related expenses for injury victims. If you didn’t do anything wrong, you shouldn’t have to pay for another driver’s reckless or negligent behavior.
Why should I hire a San Antonio car accident lawyer?
All of this sounds fairly straightforward – another driver clearly caused your accident, which resulted in your painful injury. All you have to do is deal with insurance companies and they will take care of everything, right?
Don’t be so sure. In many cases, insurance companies – especially the one representing the at-fault driver – will do everything they can to pay you as little as possible or nothing at all. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced legal team on your side, fighting for your rights.
Our dedicated San Antonio car accident attorneys know what’s at stake. If you’re in pain after your car crash, contact us and schedule a free consultation at The Herrera Law Firm right away. We won’t waste a second getting to work on your car accident injury claim or lawsuit.