San Antonio, TX Personal Injury Lawyers
Local 1-210-224-1054

Injured in a Motorcycle Crash?

Let a San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer tackle your claim

There’s no better place to enjoy the open road than the San Antonio area, and motorists are expected to share the road with motorcycles. Unfortunately, too many don’t. A lot of motorcycle wrecks are caused by other drivers. If you’ve been injured in a crash that wasn’t your fault, we will fight to hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence.

Insurance companies work hard to push injured bikers around. Don’t let them try to pin the blame on you. Fight for the compensation you need and deserve with help from the Herrera Law Firm. Our motorcycle accident lawyers respect riders, and we know what it takes to win high-stakes motorcycle accident cases. Contact us today for a free consultation.

Why motorcycle accidents happen in San Antonio

Despite the stereotype of bikers as reckless and irresponsible, most motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers failing to share the road. They either don’t see bikers as having the same right to use the road, or they just aren’t paying attention. For instance, motorists often fail to yield the right of way to oncoming motorcycles at intersections and cause crashes when they turn in front of or into the bike. Motorcycles are also forced off the road by drivers who don’t look twice before changing lanes or must swerve to avoid collisions with drivers who turn or exit a driveway without looking.

Often, bikers are hit by distracted drivers who fail to notice the smaller vehicle. Drunk and drugged drivers also often hit motorcycles, since being under the influence of drugs makes it harder to see bikes and harder to stop or maneuver in time to avoid a collision. Speeding and following too closely are also common contributing factors. Many motorists don’t realize that motorcycles can slow down or stop much faster than cars. If the driver of the car doesn’t leave a large enough following distance, a devastating rear-end crash can follow.

Some motorcycle crashes are caused by hazardous defects in the road surface itself, or by mechanical issues. The larger point is that if the accident wasn’t your fault, you deserve to be fully compensated for your injuries. Our San Antonio motorcycle accident attorneys believe motorcyclists should not have to pay for someone else’s reckless behavior. That’s the law – and that’s justice.

Attorney Frank Herrera Jr. founded our law firm more than three decades ago for exactly this reason. He strongly believes that people should not have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. That philosophy continues to drive Attorney Herrera and his fellow lawyers (including his two sons) to work hard every single day. We’re committed to our community and to helping you.

We know the high stakes in motorcycle accident cases

Injuries in motorcycle accidents are often serious because bikers don’t have the enclosed body of a car protecting them. Helmets, gloves, boots, leather clothing, and other protective gear can mitigate some of the risk of injury, but even so, serious injuries like brain injury, lost limbs, scarring and disfigurement from road rash, and nerve damage are far too common. When you add up your lost wages, medical expenses, and other damages, the total cost of a motorcycle accident is often quite high. For an insurance company, that’s a problem, because higher damages mean they might have to pay more.

That’s why they’ll pull out all their tactics to minimize your claim. They’ll ask loaded and leading questions, trying to get you to admit fault for the accident. They may “lowball” you in settlement negotiations or ask for burdensome amounts of paperwork and make you jump through other hoops to pressure you to take whatever amount they’re offering. For them, it’s all in a day’s work, but we won’t stand for it. We believe strongly that motorcyclists deserve justice – and shouldn’t be punished for someone else’s negligent behavior.

Our law firm puts your needs first

That’s why we work so hard on every motorcycle accident case we handle. Motorcyclists often encounter a lot of legal issues following a collision: the driver accuses them of causing the wreck, the insurance company delays their claim, and prejudice against bikers works against them. The way to overcome those challenges is with a strong, carefully constructed case. We analyze accident reports, interview witnesses, visit the crash scene, and gather evidence to definitively show that the driver who hit you was at fault. We often consult accident reconstruction experts who can explain what happened and why.

We also take the time to calculate the full amount of damages (financial compensation) you deserve. That starts with your medical bills, future medical expenses, lost wages if you’re unable to work, and other objective figures. Beyond that, though, we’ll take a holistic look at how the crash has affected your life. How much pain and suffering have you endured? Will you be able to get back on the road, or will your lifestyle have to change? How has your quality of life been affected? Every cost should be reflected in your claim.

Armed with evidence, we take a hard line in negotiations with insurance companies. If they’re willing to pay a fair amount, we’ll take a settlement offer; if they are not, we’re always ready to take them to trial. We have a winning track record in court, and we know what it takes to win over a jury and get a positive outcome for an injured biker.

Throughout the process, we’ll answer your questions and make sure you know what to expect next. Your case is about much more than money. It’s about making San Antonio safer for other bikers by holding the person who hurt you accountable, and it’s about helping you rebuild your life.

You can afford an experienced accident attorney

The last thing you need after a motorcycle wreck is another bill. That’s why we work on a contingency fee basis. You don’t pay us a cent out of pocket, and we invest our own time and resources into your case. If we win, our fee is a percentage of the money we recover for you; if we don’t win, you don’t pay. You have rights under Texas law, and those rights shouldn’t depend on your ability to pay.

Really, the only question is whether you can afford not to get a lawyer. Studies have shown that injured people who get legal representation recover significantly more than those who don’t, even when attorney’s fees are taken into account. In a high-stakes motorcycle accident claim, you can’t let the insurance company have the upper hand. You need an attorney who knows how to fight on your side.

The key is to act quickly. In Texas, the statute of limitations (legal time limit) for most motorcycle accidents is two years from the date of the wreck, but you shouldn’t wait that long to call a lawyer. We need to start gathering evidence and building your case to take on the insurance company. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can take the legal burden off your shoulders and protect your rights while you focus on your health.

We’re the attorneys San Antonio bikers can count on

A motorcycle wreck can have a significant financial impact, including medical bills and lost wages. Our winning track record for injured victims is strong because we take the time to learn about each accident. The same is true for you. We want to meet with you so we can come up with a unique solution that fits your specific circumstances.

We’re prepared to do the work that needs to be done to win your case. The time to take action is now, before evidence disappears and important legal deadlines expire. Contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced San Antonio motorcycle accident attorney.

Free Case Consultation

    The Herrera
    Law Firm
    1800 W. Commerce St.
    San Antonio, TX 78207
    Toll Free: 1-800-455-1054
    Phone: 1-210-224-1054
    View map