Truck Accident Attorney San Antonio - Protecting the Rights of Victims Throughout Texas
Were you or someone you know injured in a Texas truck accident? Our attorneys know that negligence by the truck driver or the trucking company often is the root cause of such accidents. An experienced San Antonio tractor-trailer accident attorney at our firm may be able to help you recover for your losses. We're familiar with the common causes of truck accidents and we know how to investigate truck accidents, including commercial truck accidents and accidents involving trucks coming from Mexico. Don't delay. Contact us today. Our accident attorneys are eager to work with you.
The Herrera Law Firm
San Antonio, TX 78207
Phone: (210) 224-1054
Tractor-trailer truck drivers must carry more insurance coverage and meet higher safety standards, including many federal regulations that other vehicles do not have to meet. Violation of these standards may impose additional liability on the trucking company. Our truck accident attorneys are familiar with all these rules and regulations, and we know how to use that information for build strong legal cases.
Put your trust in a San Antonio tractor-trailer accident attorney
18-wheeler truck accidents can be tragic given the size of the big rigs and significant forces involved in a crash. In 2008, 380,000 large trucks were involved in traffic accidents across the country, with 90,000 people sustaining injuries, according to the federal government. Of those, 4,066 were involved in fatal commercial truck accidents or commercial auto accidents.
Rely on the experience of the Herrera Law Firm. Get in touch with a San Antonio personal injury law firm: 1-800-455-1054.
Other types of large commercial vehicles involved in accidents include:
- Tanker trucks
- Dump trucks
- Cement trucks
- Delivery vans
- 18-wheelers (also known as big rigs or semi-trucks)
Truck accidents are not unusual in San Antonio and other big cities in Texas, where many congested highways crowded with long-haul truckers. In 2008, 381 fatal trucking accidents were reported in Texas, the most of any state, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
What Should I Do If I'm In A Truck Accident In San Antonio?
San Antonio lawyers at the Herrera Law Firm realize that truck accidents can be overwhelming. After an accident, there are often so many different issues that need to be addressed. Knowing where to start can be a challenge.
Based on years of experience, here's our advice on what you should do if you're involved in a truck accident in San Antonio, Odessa or anywhere else in Texas:
- Don't move your car - Unless there's a safety concern, leave your car right where it is after your truck accident. And tell the truck driver to do the same. If the trucker caused the accident, preserving the accident scene is critical for building a strong case.
- Call the police - Police officers in San Antonio, Texas and other cities throughout the state are trained to handle complicated truck accidents. By having them there, they can also create a police report for your accident - something that could be very important when trying to obtain compensation from an insurance company for your accident.
- Talk to witnesses - If pedestrians or any other drivers who stopped saw your truck accident, get their full name, phone numbers and addresses. Witnesses help build stronger cases. They might also prove to be critical if the truck driver changes his story.
- Gather evidence - Don't simply rely on the police to collect information about your accident. Record everything you can about your truck accident. Take pictures of the scene of the accident, especially before moving your vehicle. Take pictures of any injuries. Write down the name and phone number of the trucking company the driver works for. Details matter. Information is power. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case.
- Request police report - Before the officer leaves the scene of your truck accident, get the officer's name and badge number. Also ask the police officer how you can obtain a copy of the police report.
- Contact us - San Antonio truck accident attorneys at the Herrera Law Firm have years of experience handling complicated truck accidents. Whether you were injured in a highway truck accident on I-10 or an accident involving Mexican trucks in Texas, we can help. Cut through the confusion. Contact us today.
- Visit a doctor - Don't simply assume you're all right. Visit a doctor. Even if you feel fine, consult a doctor to make sure are not seriously injured. What might seem like something minor could turn out to be a serious truck accident injury.
- Call the trucking company - Don't wait to hear from them. Take action. Let them know you were involved in an accident caused by a truck driver working for them. And if you don't feel comfortable doing this, you can leave this step to us - along with many other issues after your truck accident. We're here to help you.
Highway 18-Wheeler Accidents
Texas highway truck accidents unfortunately can and will happen - in an instant. A highway truck accident should never be taken lightly. We have seen big rig wrecks on some of our major roadways from San Antonio to Corpus Christi. When the highways are congested with trucks, cars, motorcycles and other vehicles, accidents occur.
Contact an 18-wheeler accident attorney if you or a loved one sustained a serious injury through no fault of your own. Call the Herrera Law Firm. Our attorneys have the experience and resources injury victims need to pursue the compensation they deserve.
The following are examples of how a serious highway accident may happen:
- The driver of an 18-wheeler may be tempted to change lanes in order to pass a slower-moving vehicle. When the driver of the semi truck fails to properly check the mirrors, the unseen passenger vehicle has to swerve to avoid being hit. In this case, the truck driver may be negligent for an accident.
- A large truck driving too fast on the highway may be unable to slow down when approaching congestion and may cause an accident.
Discover what a Texas 18-wheeler accident lawyer can do for you - contact us
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your best interests first. Contact the Herrera Law Firm in San Antonio to investigate your big rig accident. Call 1-800-455-1054 for a free consultation. We understand the various state and federal laws governing tractor-trailer accidents, and we know how to get results.
The types of truck accidents vary, but the goal remains the same: to win cases for clients. Allow us to put our experience and resources to work for you. Contact the Herrera Law Firm - we're on your side.
Ernest Gutierrez Deposition - Herrera Law Firm Questions Defendant
This video features the deposition of Ernest Gutierrez, owner of Turn Around Trucking Inc.