Injured in A pedestrian or bicycle accident?
A San Antonio pedestrian accident lawyer can protect your rights
You have the right to ride a bicycle or walk down the street in San Antonio without worrying about being hit by a car or injured in some other kind of accident that isn’t your fault. Unfortunately, serious personal injury accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists happen far too often here and throughout Texas. If you’ve been injured as a pedestrian or while riding a bicycle, the experienced San Antonio pedestrian accident lawyers from the Herrera Law Firm can demand justice and get you the compensation you’re entitled to. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Our legal team regularly handles some of the most complex personal injury cases in San Antonio. There’s no substitute for experience and no substitute for success. Our pedestrian accident attorneys understand how the legal system works here in Texas and know what it takes to win.
Don’t underestimate the seriousness of your accident. Don’t assume the person who caused your accident will take responsibility for their actions. Let our dedicated law firm make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
1800 W. Commerce St.
San Antonio, TX 78207
Phone: (210) 224-1054
How common are pedestrian accidents in Texas?
Pedestrian accidents are happening in Texas at an alarming rate. While the number of accidents involving pedestrians has dropped nationwide in recent years, pedestrian accidents have actually increased in Texas over the same timeframe.
When it comes to the most dangerous cities nationwide for pedestrian accidents, Texas is also home to three cities (Dallas, Houston and San Antonio) that ranked in the Top 10 nationwide for the most pedestrian fatalities each year.
Why do bicycle and pedestrian accidents happen?
Bicycle accidents in Texas often result in serious or even fatal injuries. In nearly every case, these accidents happen because of the reckless behavior or negligence of someone else. Car accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists often occur because a driver isn’t paying attention. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Other common causes include:
- Texting while driving
- Not sharing the road
- Driving too close to cyclists or pedestrians
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our law firm has the resources and skill to get you the compensation you deserve. When you hire us, we promise we’ll work tirelessly on your case. We routinely pore over accident reports, interview witnesses and examine every detail of the accident scene. We will not rest until justice is served.
How can a pedestrian accident attorney help?
When a negligent driver strikes a pedestrian or a bicyclist, the results can be devastating. A seriously injured cyclist or pedestrian may face a lifetime of health issues. Medical bills can begin to pile up, and the injury can affect the victim’s ability to work.
Common injuries from bicycle and pedestrian accidents include:
- Brain Damage
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Arm Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Soft Tissue Damage
After a bicycle accident or pedestrian accident, the insurance company may try to quickly settle the case before all your accident-related expenses are determined. An insurance adjuster may even shift blame to the pedestrian or the cyclist in an attempt to offer a lowball settlement or deny the victim’s claim altogether. Never accept an offer made by the insurance company before first talking to an experienced lawyer. You may deserve far more than their initial offer.
What should I do if I’m injured in a pedestrian or bicycle accident?
If you are involved in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, you can take a few steps to protect yourself and your rights:
- Call for help – Take your accident seriously right from the start. Call 911 and ask for emergency help, even if you don’t think you’re injured. Don’t take chances with your health. Take action.
- Call the police – Don’t just ask for an ambulance. Make sure a police officer responds to your accident. A police officer will investigate your accident and create a report that could prove valuable later if you are filing a personal injury claim.
- Gather evidence – While a police officer will investigate, you need to gather your own information. This means, if possible, you should talk to witnesses, take notes, and take photos. The more information you have, the better.
- Visit your doctor – Make sure you schedule a follow-up visit with your doctor as soon as possible. You might have a serious, life-threatening internal injury or traumatic brain injury. Make sure you have your doctor examine you immediately – and consistently follow your doctor’s orders. If you skip appointments or wait to see the doctor, you’re sending a message to the insurance company that your injury is minor. They might use the information against you later when you are seeking compensation.
- Call a lawyer – You need an experienced attorney on your side, fighting for your rights. You need the Herrera Law Firm. We can investigate your accident, fill out any paperwork, and deal directly with insurance companies. We understand the law and we have the case results to prove it.
You have rights. We can fight for them. Contact us today
Don’t leave your future to chance. Take action now. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started on your case and help you get your life back on track. Contact us today for a free consultation.