Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents - San Antonio Lawyers Fighting For Justice
Serious pedestrian and bicycle accidents in Texas demand strong legal action. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or worse while walking or riding a bike, contact the Herrera Law Firm immediately. We can help. We understand car accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists and know how to get results.
For decades, our experienced San Antonio pedestrian accident attorneys have been fighting for the rights of injury victims. We know how to research these types of accidents and find the evidence you need to build a compelling legal case.
Don't underestimate the seriousness of your pedestrian accident. Don't assume the person who caused your accident will take responsibility for his or her actions. Contact us. We can fight for your rights and make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Call (800) 455-1054.
Pedestrian accidents in Texas happening more than you might think
Pedestrian accidents in Texas happen at an alarming rate. While the number of pedestrian accidents fell nationwide in 2013, pedestrian accidents went up in Texas. During the first six months of 2013, there were 245 pedestrian fatalities in Texas, an increase of 9.8 percent or 22 fatalities compared to the same time period in 2012, when there were 223 pedestrian fatalities in Texas, according to the Governors Highway Safety Administration (GHSA).
Texas, California and Florida account for one-third of all pedestrian fatalities nationwide, according to the GHSA. Texas is also home to three cities (Dallas, Houston and San Antonio) in the Top 10 nationwide for the most pedestrian fatalities each year between 1997 and 2006, according to another study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Texas bicycle accident attorney who puts your best interest first
Bicycle accidents in Texas often result in serious or even fatal injuries. And in nearly every case, these accidents happen because of the reckless behavior of someone else. Auto accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists are unfortunately very common. That probably explains why they're among the most common types of car accidents in Texas. Fortunately, you have rights. You are in control.
The Herrera Law Firm has the resources and skills you need to get the compensation you deserve. We represent bike accident victims or pedestrian accident victims in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Laredo, Odessa and throughout Texas.
When you hire us, we promise we'll work tirelessly on your case. We routinely pore over accident reports, interview possible witnesses, and examine the crash scene and damage to the bicycle. We will not rest until justice is served.
Bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents demand strong legal action
When a negligent driver strikes a pedestrian or a bicyclist, the victim and his or her family can be devastated. A seriously injured cyclist or pedestrian may face a lifetime of health issues. Medical bills can shoot through the roof. The impact of the injury can affect the victim's ability to work. The family of the victim may struggle to understand the meaning of event.
Car accidents involving bicycles and pedestrians typically are traced back to a distracted driver. For example, a driver may approach a crosswalk while reading a text message or fiddling with the car stereo and strike the pedestrian. In other cases, a bicyclist may be clipped by an inattentive driver who fails to safely pass or slow down for the cyclist.
The following is a short list of serious injuries that can occur in a bicycle or pedestrian accident in Texas:
- Broken bones/fractures
- Back injuries
- Brain damage
- Fatal injuries that lead to a wrongful death claim
In bicycle accidents or pedestrian accidents, the insurance company may try to quickly settle the case before all of the repercussions of the accident are determined. An insurance adjuster may even shift blame to the pedestrian or the cyclist in an attempt to low ball or deny payment. Never accept an offer made by the insurance company before first talking to an experienced lawyer. You may rightfully deserve far more than their initial offer.
"What should I do if I'm injured in a pedestrian or bicycle accident in San Antonio?"
If you are involved in a pedestrian or bike accident, you can take a few steps to protect your health and your rights:
- Call for help - Take your accident seriously right from the start. Call 911 and ask for emergency help, even if you don't think you're injured. Don't take chances with your health. Take action.
- Call the police - Don't just ask for an ambulance. Make sure a police officer responds to your accident. A police officer will investigate your accident and create a report that could prove valuable later if you are filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Gather evidence - While a police officer will investigate, you can never gather too much information. This means, if possible, you should talk to witnesses, take notes and take photos. The more information you have, the better.
- Visit your doctor - Make sure you schedule a follow-up visit with your doctor as soon as possible. You might have a serious, life-threatening internal injury. Make sure you have your doctor examine you immediately and follow doctor's orders. If you skip appointments or wait to see the doctor, you're sending a message to the insurance company that you're injury is minor. They might use the information against you later when you are seeking compensation.
- Call a lawyer - You need an experienced attorney on your side, fighting for your rights. You need the Herrera Law Firm. We can investigate your accident, fill out any paperwork and deal directly with insurance companies. We understand the law, and we have the case results to prove it. Put your trust in us. Call (800) 455-1054 and schedule a free case evaluation right now.
Take back control. Contact a San Antonio bicycle and pedestrian injury lawyer today
Don't leave your future to chance. Take action. Contact the Herrera Law Firm today. Call 1-800-455-1054 and schedule your free case evaluation today. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you get your life back on track.
The Herrera Law Firm - fighting for justice, one client at a time.
The Herrera Law Firm
San Antonio, TX 78205
Phone: (210) 224-1054