Our car accident lawyers break down why San Antonio's roads are among the most congested in Texas.
The City of San Antonio has some of the worst traffic in Texas, according to a recent traffic safety study conducted by the Texas A&M Traffic Safety Institute that analyzed which roads and highways have the most traffic congestion in the state.
"It is clear with the growth that Texas has experienced and is projected to experience in the coming decades that many different solutions will be needed to address the future of transportation in Texas," Ibrahima Tembely of the Texas Department of Transportation and David Schrank, a senior research scientist for the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, wrote in their study, according to a San Antonio Express-News article.
Heavy traffic often results in serious car accidents. The San Antonio car accident attorneys at The Herrera Law Firm know because we have been helping car accident injury victims throughout Texas demand justice for decades. If you or a loved one was injured in a crash, contact us today to review your legal rights and options.
What are the 10 most congested roads in San Antonio?
The Texas A&M study compared car traffic counts for 1,800 roads and highways in Texas based on data collected by the Texas Department of Transportation. Researchers then created a list of the 100 most congested roads in the state.
The list of the 100 most congested roads in Texas included 10 roads and highways in San Antonio. This list starts with Culebra Road from Gaim Road to Charles West Anderson Loop NW. Statewide, this section of Culebra Road is Texas's 21st most congested road. The other nine San Antonio roads on the list of Texas' 100 most congested roads are:
- Charles West Anderson Loop 1604, from US 281 to I-10 (27th most congested road in Texas)
- Interstate 35, from Loop 1604 North to Connally Loop NE (31st worst traffic in Texas)
- I-35, from Connally Loop NE (410) to Connally Loop E (East 410) (43rd most congested road in Texas)
- Loop 410, from I-10 to US 281 (49th on the list)
- I-35, from Charles West Anderson Loop (SL 1604) to Natural Bridge Caverns Road (50th on the list)
- Charles West Anderson Loop 1604, from Braun Road to I-10 (60th on the list)
- Pan Am Expressway (I-10, I-35), from US 87 to I-37 (83rd on the list)
- Connally Loop North 410, from I-35 to US 281 (84th on the list)
- Bandera Road, from Loop 410 to FM 1560 (96th on the list)
What makes traffic jams so dangerous?
Sitting in traffic isn't just a waste of drivers' time. When traffic is moving slowly or stopped, it can be dangerous for several reasons, including the following:
- Distracted drivers not paying attention in heavy traffic, which can easily result in rear-end collisions or sideswipe crashes.
- Speeding drivers do not give themselves enough time to slow down or stop for traffic backups, often leading to rear-end collisions.
- Aggressive drivers frustrated by heavy traffic who end up dangerously changing lanes or weaving in and out of traffic, resulting in a serious car crash.
Our San Antonio car accident attorneys are here to help.
Don't assume that you will be fairly compensated for your accident-related expenses because another driver clearly caused your collision. In many cases, car accident injury claims turn out to be complicated. This is why you need a lawyer to handle your legal case right from the start.
At The Herrera Law Firm, we know how the legal system works in Texas. We also know how to investigate collisions involving heavy traffic or other contributing factors. For example, there may be traffic camera footage of your collision. If so, we will work hard to access that video footage and other critical evidence showing that another driver was at-fault.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us and schedule a free case evaluation. Our office is located on West Commerce Street in San Antonio, and we handle car accident claims throughout Texas. In addition, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay no fees unless we win your case.